Thursday, April 10, 2008

Know when to say "No"

It could be difficult to say "No" or turning a person down. Especially if the person asking you is a pretty thing. Deep inside, your subconscious tells you to say "No", but consciously, you unwillingly yet obligingly agree to it. It could be the hardest moments in your life. Imagine, some friends ask you to try out smoking. You know it was bad to your health, yet, in front of several pairs of eyes staring and cheering you, you unwillingly accepted. Do I deserve sympathy for that?

I just had that problem saying "No". That's why I do my best to steer clear of the possible situations which will make me unwillingly oblige. I had always thought saying 'NO' means you are getting into bad books of others. So I had been accepting things to do or execute at the cost of my own interests. This all happened till couple of years back.

At one point I realized it wasn't healthy. I started learning to say "NO" when absolutely it was not needed. It was tough in the beginning. People who were not used to receive "No" as an answer from me got shocked. But I had to do it. When I started doing it I realized how much of burden I was taking onto my self.

No comments: