Friday, February 8, 2008

Making life more pleasant through gratitude

Maria Duval always tells us about showing gratitude to the blessings we have received in life, no matter how small they may be. I think gratitude is an attitude. It affects how you think, how you speak and act. Normally people are focusing on what they don’t have or what they think they will lose:

“I don’t have a hot and sexy body.”
“I don’t have enough money.”
“I don’t have good speaking skills.”
“What if I lose my job?”
“What if I lose my spouse and children?”

I know this is the normal human thinking. That sense of insecurity always invades people when they are low in confidence. I will not allow myself to wallow in that as it’s very negative. All your life will be just about dissatisfactions of lacking and fear of losing.

If you show gratitude, your thoughts will be so different.

“I am happy and grateful to live.”
“I am happy and grateful to have a job and a meal in front of my table.”
“I am happy and grateful to have this and that. What else can I create for my life and other people.”

This is a very positive and powerful thought that disappears your negative thoughts immediately and you are able to influence people around you.

No comments: