Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Goal setting

It seems like everyone around is talking about goals nowadays. I wonder which motivator guru has such an effect on so many people. My company's material supplier says he wants to expand his business into at least 2 new states within 3 years while my neighbor's teen Matt told me his goal is to become the high school's MVP this year. What about me? It made me ashamed because seriously I have not thought about this question!

To me, setting a goal is nothing more than what you dream to be in months (or years) time and it's simply a carefully crafted straight line journey that gets you from point A to B in life. However, this idea just doesn't seem fitting to be as I don't like to be tied down by something intangible. I wish those who set goals will succeed but for me I'm the type that works in spurts of creativity.

I believe we should always open to new ideas, new people, new concepts, new experiences. Sometimes the unexpected will bring you the most pleasure.

No comments: