Saturday, May 26, 2007

Manage your emotions

Sometimes when I feel angry, impatient or extremely frustrated, an inner mechanism within me will trigger an alarm that will cool me down with cold water before my mind goes out of control. Yes, it takes me many months to achieve that because normal human habits are hard to be changed. It takes a lot of determination to change your natural habits. I used to be a very combustible person when I was younger.

Maria Duval tells me that when I get excessively angry without control, a lot of positive life energy is drained from me and the results could be disastrous if that is allowed to happen. It may lead to guilt, shame, remorse and tragedies.

If I don't allow this angry feeling to fester more, simply observe it and you will be able to find its source to change its energy into a positive one. I know that is easier said than done. It requires a person to thoroughly understand his/her own emotions. Accept and recognize your emotions and you will be able to transform it from negative to positive.

No comments: