Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Home internet network

I went to the a computer store in the town area of the city over the weekend with my family and for some shopping as well. They are growing up and I wanted to get another computer system for them. My intention is to set up a home wireless network therefore I had done some homework earlier regarding how to set the whole thing up smoothly.

The basic idea is to connect a wireless router to my existing cable modem. My old desktop system shall still be connected using a wired cable to the router therefore I spent some time rewiring the area to make it neater.

At the end of the day, after all the new stuff have been set up, all are ready to go. Luckily it went without any hitch and we are all very excited by it. So now, I can use my computer without worrying my kids will mess it up.

No comments: