Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday and I'm working

I had to work over the weekend afternoon because of the Thursday delay. The supplier had finally delivered to us on Saturday morning and as the job had an one week delay, we had no choice but to rush through the plans during Saturday afternoon and this means we'll have less stress and pressures during the following work work which translates to less possible errors that would be committed. As the rather new supervisor of 5 staff here, I realized I needed to set a firm grip and I'm glad that all of them were able to commit extra hours on Saturday. This is the luck and attitude I've been experiencing and it goes spot-on with the precise detail guide Maria Duval sent to me earlier this year.

This proves to be working: "Don't wait for things to be right in order to begin. Change is messy. Things will never be just right. Follow Teddy Roosevelt's timeless advice, "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

No comments: