Thursday, January 25, 2007

Maria Duval - The light within us

Today, as I am sitting in my cosy room thinking of ideas for this post, I cannot help but be a little distracted by the weather. It is one of those picture-perfect winter days, the leaves on the trees are gone with patches of white snow taking its place for the time being.
The scenery outside really makes me truly thankful to be alive to see such view.

I thought about the events and people around me, people who appeared in my life to guide me along through difficult times, whether my family or simply Maria Duval, who gives me a lot of insight, luck and spirituality into my life.

It should be a two way traffic. Give and receive, receive then give. There are many times when I had to act like a shining light for some people. Maybe it was in a kind word or gesture to a stranger that made a difference in their day, or maybe it was sitting with a friend in need.

I remember a time when I had to console a stranger whose wife has just been hospitalized with illness. We were just acquaintances on that fateful day where I was there as well for a sicked family member. We did not say much but I consoled him with empathy. I never saw him again but I knew I had offered him a kind gift by giving him a compassionate heart. It's also through such incidences in life that we all grow up and gain life experiences.

As important as people have been to us, we also carry with us our very own light that I call the spirit within. It is that whisper from our own hearts that will guide our path if we seek it with our senses.

No comments: