Saturday, September 27, 2008

Maria Duval - Face Your Fear

Face Your Fear
Have you ever asked yourself “why do some people just find it so easy to talk” I have stood back so many times and just watched people talk. They looked so natural. It seemed so easy for them. As for public speakers �" well they were just in another league. How could they just stand there in front of so many people and the words flow out of their mouths so easily, the confidence they oozed. It just wasn’t fair. How did I end up with the stumbling, speechless mouth? This was my belief for many years. That was until I started to really really want to conquer this communication thing. I wanted to find out why I was different. I started searching and asking questions and found that I wasn’t so different. Most public speakers I have talked to said they were so nervous before they did their speech, even the ones I thought were brilliant, I overheard asking for reassurance as they left the podium “was I ok, did you hear the bit when………., I stuffed that up” etc etc. As for one on one conversations when someone knew no one, I found out that people usually have 2 or 3 key questions they ask before the conversation starts to flow. For example, hi I’m ……… do you mind if I join you? Or hi I’m …………. isn’t this a great party/meeting/event ……..…… So I started to really, really listen and observe how people looked so natural. I slowly stepped forward and started talking, I built up my confidence and soon talking became so much more natural. I reflected back and realized the following: I had put all the fear in to my own head. There were many people who felt the same way. I asked myself these key questions. What am I afraid of. What is the worst thing that can happen if I speak up? I thought back to my childhood, what had happened all that time ago that could have affected me for so long. It was quite simple really. As a child I was told “children should be seen and not heard”. I was raised in a family where we were not allowed to have an opinion as children and if we said anything, “out of line” we were punished! So I learned to “shut up”. Fast forward to adulthood, in my subconscious I still had the thought that if I said the wrong thing at the wrong time then it would cause conflict. I am still not a confrontational person, I love peace not war. So instead of saying the wrong thing, I said nothing. In a group or big crowd, I would so want to contribute so badly, but my fear kept me paralyzed. Until I asked myself those key questions What am I afraid of ? What is the worst thing that can happen? So I stepped outside of my comfort zone and took the first step. I opened my mouth and talked!! I have never looked back. Now I can speak up in front of people, even in a crowd. Saying that though, I still do not speak up if I feel there will be confrontation. This is something I still need to learn to deal with and feel comfortable with. I have no hesitation now asking a question or becoming involved in any conversation that I feel comfortable in. In fact I am finding it fun and surprising myself by becoming quite the chatterbox!! So ask yourself “why can’t I say what I really want to say”? It is only sounds coming out of your mouth that make words Are you afraid of the words, or are you afraid of the consequence and what may occur if you say what you really want to? Ask yourself “what is the worst thing that can happen if I say this?” Expect the best outcome (9/10 times the worst never ever happens) and Face your fear. Speak up and feel the freedom. To say what you have always wanted to say visit www.alwayswantedtosayit.com

Annette & Tracey have overcome obstacles and wanted to share their insirational lessons with you through their website www.alwayswantedtosayit.com

A Seven Point Strategy For Your Life
Everyone, or almost everyone has the potential to live a
life far removed from where they are today.

While life offers no guarantees the judicious application
of the following principles can get you started on the road
to becoming everything that nature intended you to be.

The important thing is to make a start!

So start NOW!

1. DREAM

Build your "focus factor". Decide exactly what it is you
really want, then, visualize it in your mind's eye. Create
a "word picture" that describes what you want and how
it'll feel to have it. Practice creative visualization until
conjuring up the vision becomes an exercise you can do
at any time.

2. OBSTACLES

Recognize what's standing between you and your possible
dreams. Ask , "If this is what I really, really, really
want, why don't I have it already?" Only by truly
understanding every obstacle in your path can you
determine the action steps necessary to make your dream
a reality.

3. TOUGHEN UP

Be prepared to get back up every time you get knocked down
because - you will get knocked down! Remember Yogi Berra's
line, "It aint over till it's over." You aren't beat until you quit.
Every time you get back up you're one step closer to living your
dream. Believe in yourself and in your destiny.

4. BE PROACTIVE

Will Rogers said, " Even if you're on the right track
you'll get run over if you just stand there." You can have
a beautiful dream, you can understand every obstacle, you
can be tough, determined and resilient, but, until you
create a proactive solution, a definite action plan complete
with target dates, commit to following the plan and take the
necessary steps - and continue the steps as long as necessary,
your dream will remain an empty void.

5. ONE BITE AT A TIME

Focus night and day on the current step. Think about
tomorrow tomorrow. Is what you're doing right now making
the best possible use of your time? Is it making a
contribution towards the realization of your dream? You
have only now, this day, this hour, this moment.

6. MEASURE IT

Chart your progress, if you can't tell that you're moving
forward, you're not! Glance occasionally in your rear view
mirror. When you see where you've come from, it's easier to
focus on where you're headed.

7. FEEL IT

Feel in your bones what it will be like to live your dream.
Feel the emotion, the wonder, the exhilaration, the joy,
the pride, the wonderful sense of self. When you get there
it won't be a surprise, you'll realize you've actually been
living your dream for a long time.


Len McNally

Early in 2006 Len McNally's book Acres of Diamonds Revisited was published by Authorhouse. As a follow up Len's new ezine Acres of Diamonds Revisited will continue on many years of coaching, motivating, and mentoring people to become everything nature intended them to be. For additional information or to subscribe to Acres of Diamonds Revisited - the ezine - go to http://www.acresofdiamondsrevisited.com

Are you creating your life deliberately or by default?
Are you creating your life deliberately or by default? Copyright 2005 Melissa Quiter

Have you ever wondered how some people seem to have it all, while others struggle and work hard their whole lives and still have little to show for it? What is the difference between those that are creating the exact lives they desire to live and those who are not?

After hundreds of hours of research in programs, books, discussions and cutting-edge thought seminars, those questions can be answered by two very simple, yet profound, words.

Deliberate and Default

More specifically, deliberate creation -- proactively participating in the creation and manifestation of your conscious and subconscious desires, and default creation - being only consciously aware of what you desire while the subconscious (where 88% of creating is done) pushes you along without awareness and focused direction.

As the creator of your life, you are at cause for everything you attract into your experience. And based on the universal Law of Attraction, which says -- that which your energy is focused is drawn to you -- there is never a moment when you are not creating.

So, if you are deliberately creating your life through active participation, awareness and focused energy, your life is a true reflection of what you desire. If you are creating by default, you are at effect of what is being created by your untapped subconscious mind. Without focus and process, your mind falls prey to what it has habitually done in the past. You know this is happening to you if you seem to experience the same situations over and over and over again - the same bad relationships; the same financial challenges; the same frustrating work situations; etc.

Deliberate creating is about taking back the power you came to this earth possessing. It is about actively participating in the total design of your life. It is about following a process, the Process of Deliberate Creation, on a daily basis to continually be moving toward your desires.

Being a deliberate creator of your life is the joy and satisfaction that may be the answer to what is missing from your life. It may be the only thing standing in the way of living and experiencing the life you came to this earth to live.

Learn the Process of Deliberate Creation today and take the first step in creating and manifesting all of your desires!

Melissa Jean Quiter is an inspirational life and business strategist who teaches a simple, yet profound, daily process for deliberately creating your life in her book, "My cat made me a millionaire. (and how yours can too!)." Visit: http://www.ProvocativeCommunications.com/cat.html. Melissa also authors, "Being Spiritual doesn't mean being poor! How to remove what blocks you from making money & creating happiness," based on the Law of Attraction, the universal laws, NLP and the Nine Environments for Holistic Living. Visit: http://www.ProvocativeCommunications.com/how.html or call: [512] 341-0556

No comments: