Thursday, September 18, 2008

Maria Duval - Was Jesus found in a California jail?

Was Jesus found in a California jail?
When I first heard the story, I was amazed. For one, I did not know Jesus was lost. It took awhile to get over that one. Second, I was surprised to discover he was in jail, particularly in California. I’m not sure how he got there, and furthermore, I do not know how they recognized him. After all, who really looks like their driver’s license photo? Many people claim they have seen Jesus. Somebody found a picture of Jesus embedded in the trunk of a tree in their back yard. For some reason everyone assumed it looked just like Jesus. How they knew it was Jesus and not their old Uncle Herbert is beyond my imagination. I’m voting for Uncle Herbert. Actually, the headlines ran something like this: “Paris Hilton found Jesus in jail.” This from a person whose favorite expression is, “That’s hot.” And we all know where “it’s hot.” Not knowing her personally, she appears to be some kind of expert on this subject. I suppose you cannot raise a little hell in life without becoming something of an authority on the subject yourself. Perhaps, and I’m only conjecturing here, she has found her situation in jail a little too hot for comfort and is seeking something that is a little less “that’s hot.” I would suggest a cold shower. I’m always surprised, and yet I shouldn’t be, when people find religion in jail. Just about everybody going to jail gets some form of jailhouse religion. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for people getting religion, especially if they have lived a life of debauchery and immorality and celebrity status. A little dose of the right kind of religion cannot hurt anybody. Unfortunately, the wrong kind cannot help anyone. It strikes me that the people who usually get a dose of jailhouse religion have had no thought of religion prior to their alleged incarceration. I say, “Alleged,” for a particular reason. I have visited prison many times as a chaplain and I know for a fact that there are no guilty people behind bars. Everybody there has been framed. Well of course, the frame comes in the form of bars, and sometimes it was visiting bars that created their problem. That being the case, I do not understand why innocent people like this need to get religion. I always assumed religion was for guilty people. I’m for people getting religion but why do people get “jailhouse religion?” Why not “coffee house religion?” That would be a lot less stressful and you could have a nice cup of coffee to go with it, and a donut or bagel depending upon the religion you get. Then, after you are done, you can go home. One problem with these coffeehouses is what they charge for a cappuccino borders on sinful. That’s not hot. Of course, the problem with this is that when most people frequent a coffeehouse, thoughts of religion are not uppermost in their minds. Most coffeehouse thoughts gravitate to the important issues of life like, “who’s going with whom,” and “who just dumped whom” and, “what celebrity is going to rehab this week?” This brings me to another thought. Why don’t we have “rehab religion?” This would seem to be a better place to find religion than at some smelly old jailhouse. In fact, this would be my religion-finding place of choice. Today’s rehab centers are the new and up-and-coming time-share properties. No honest-to-goodness celebrity (and who is these days?) would allow a year go by without spending some quality time at their favorite rehab center. Had I known about this trend years ago I would have sunk a large portion of my investment portfolio in some celebrity rehab center somewhere. I would think, and it’s just me I know, that these rehab centers would be the perfect environment to find religion. After all, they are quiet and serene with plenty of time for reflection ... or sunbathing, for that matter. Of course, there is the possibility that you can get burnt while worshiping the sun. That’s hot! Do you know where I would like to see a good dose of religion take hold? I know it is a crazy thought and would be voted out in the first round, but I would like to see politicians really get religion. I mean the shouting kind of religion that would cure anyone so infected with the virus of lying that is common to politicians. That would be some religion. It would not be inconsistent with what we know about Jesus. He was accustomed to associate with some rather unsavory people: publicans, prostitutes and religious leaders. Most politicians fit rather nicely into this collection of insalubrious characters. Imagine some newspaper headline reading, “Politician finds Jesus in the Senate.” That would be news. Nobody would believe it and insist on sending that politician to some rehab center. Despite all this excitement about finding Jesus, he is not the one who is lost. I know some people say they found the Lord. What they do not know is that they were the one lost and the Lord was the ones seeking them. It is more correct to say, “God found me.” Jesus made this quite clear; “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:10 KJV.) When a person really “finds” Jesus, it is accompanied by a radical change of character and behavior. With Paris, let’s wait and see.

James L. Snyder is an award winning author and popular columnist living with his wife, Martha, in Ocala, Florida and can be contacted at jamessnyder2@att.net.

Surrendering To Freedom: Stepping Into Grace
Earlier this month as I sat at the desk by the upstairs hall window, looking down on the blossoming apple trees and the vineyard beyond, I suddenly heard a fluttering sound behind me. A house finch had flown into the open window at the other end of the hall. I watched her fly around the hall and into my office where she began banging against the window, struggling to find a way out.

I entered my office and watched as she flew against the window unaware that the just 10 inches away, it was open. Slowly and peacefully I approached her with my open hands prayerfully offering guidance and help. At first she refused, fluttering with even more determination and desperation up and down the invisible obstacle that held her captive. I remained calm and present, ready to enfold her gently yet firmly when the opportunity appeared.

But suddenly, she stopped her frantic flapping and flew onto my finger, sitting there as naturally and calmly as if it was a tree branch. There was a communion in that moment, an understanding that passed between that finch and myself. I was reluctant to let go of that connection, and yet I knew that was part of our connection, part of the trust she had placed in me.

Slowly I shifted my hands towards the open side of the window. Somehow the clarity and awareness that had been lost during her struggle had returned in her calmness. She knew the instant she was in front of the opening, and immediately flew out the window to freedom, gifting me with two bright, clear chirps of gratitude as she went.

When I returned to the desk I began thinking of how much I am like that little house finch: Resisting the hands that offer me help, desperately running from the guidance that is constantly being offered. The hands may be human, or divine, or they may be the wings of a house finch, but they are always here, always reaching out gently to guide me to freedom.

Admiring the beauty of the Sonoma County landscape, I imagined myself settling into the hands of the Divine, just as that bird settled so gracefully onto my hand. I felt the release of tension and worry as I allowed myself to rest in the hands of God.

Since that day I have been away of the times when I am struggling like that finch. It sometimes feels out of my control, as if I am watching someone else struggle, unable to reach them and let them know that the window is open just a few inches away. But it is me. I am struggling. I am resisting. And like that finch, I am slowly learning to let go of that resistance, and to allow myself to be shown the way to grace and freedom.

Edward Mills, MIM, is a life coach, teacher and speaker, empowering people to more joyfully and abundantly share their essential gifts with the world. You can sign up for his monthly ezine, Evolving Times, at his website: http://www.edwardmills.com or blog: http://www.evolvingtimes.com

Ways To Finding Your Purpose In Life
Now before we dive right into finding your purpose in life, let me ask you one question.

Which comes first? Purpose or goals?

No, no. This is not a chicken-and-egg type of question. This question is totally legitimate question.

Now ask yourself how often have you heard that in order to get what you want, you must first have a goal in hand.

“A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.”
~ Unknown ~~

And how often do you heard from others that you need to have a worthy purpose in your mind?

So which comes first? Purpose or goals?

Isn’t the answer obvious? Or you still don’t get it? Ok, imagine this. Suppose today you’re a superman (or superwoman), and you plan to go, let’s say, United States of America and you’re currently on an island in South East Asia, say Singapore. Would you:

* Fly out into the outer space, know where USA is and then make your journey back to Earth to where you want to go
* Or would you from your known position, fly to another known place and slowly make your way to USA?

Which one will be faster and more efficient? Obviously the second one right?

To start from goals setting then to finding your purpose in life, you’re in fact trying to figure out what you want to become from the several goals you set for yourself instead of aligning your goals to what you want to become.

That is probably one of the reason why many people always procrastinate taking actions to achieving their goals. It is not because they can’t reach it, rather, it is because they do not have enough passion, desire, motivation and most importantly, a reason, to reach it.

By first finding your purpose in life, you’re in fact finding your very personal reason why you think you exist in this word and why you want to become what you want to become.

As mentioned in the previous post about the importance of having your purpose in life, a worthy purpose can help you through tough times when you meet up with challenges and obstacles along the way.

A worthy purpose helps you to keep an eye on the prize while overcoming all obstacles that come your way.

A worthy purpose need not be huge to be considered worthy. Your purpose need not necessary change thousands of lives or change the world others live. If you feel comfortable with it, then include it in your purpose. Else, just leave it out. What’re more important is you feel comfortable being who you are.

Your purpose in life is worthy as long as you considered believe it is.

So now having understood the real importance of purpose, let’s get down to really finding your purpose in life.

What’s important to know is that finding your purpose in life is not a one-time thing. Like learning, it is a life-long, on-going process.

As you moved through different phases of your life, you’ll need to review, re-think and refine your purpose in life. And your journey to finding your purpose in life starts from here, all from a gentle nudge to become the real person you’re meant to be.

Personal development books like Success Principles, The Power Of Focus etc are some of the wonderful books that help you understand your purpose and guide you through the steps to finding your purpose in life.

Out of those many books, I personally prefer Jack Canfield’s Success Principle as it provides you a step-by-step guide to finding your purpose in life through a serious of simple yet mind-provoking questions.

1. List down 2 qualities you want others to see from you. People will remember these qualities whenever they mention about you. Cheerful? Understanding? Playful? Caring?
2. Determine how are you going to express these 2 qualities when interacting with other people? Is it through inspiration, motivation or sharing?
3. Next imagine how will the world be like if everything is perfect? How is everyone communicating with one another? What traits can you see in everyone around you? Remember, the keyword here is “Perfect”. How does a perfect world looks like to you?
4. Lastly, you just need to combine the above 3 sections into a paragraph and wolah… you’ve just completed your first attempt to finding your purpose in life.

“Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.”
~~ Charles Du Bos ~~

Now, don’t be many others who just read and forget it about. Put them to actions. Write down your purpose, read it everyday. Print it out nicely, laminate it and carry it with you everywhere you go. Read it with enthusiasm and excitement. Send out positive vibrations that you’re fulfilling your purpose in life in everything you do.

Don’t worry about perfecting it the first time. As I have said earlier, finding your purpose in life is an on-going process. What’s more important is finding a purpose you feel enthusiastic and excited about.

If you wish, go refer to others’ purposes or mission statements and get some inspiration from there. Just note that everyone is different, so are our purposes. Refer and not copy.

Find the purpose you can best resonate with and stick to it. Read it everyday and make sure you’re taking the necessary actions to fulfilling your purpose in life.

My purpose? Well, it is:

“To live in abundance of wealth, health and happiness. Through coaching, mentoring and sharing, to be a source of inspiration and motivation to others to attain their desires through a joyful, happy and playful manner.”

So what is your purpose in life?

“We must have a theme, a goal, a purpose in our lives. If you don’t know where you’re aiming, you don’t have a goal. My goal is to live my life in such a way that when I die, someone can say, she cared.”
~~ Mary Kay Ash ~~

============================================================
Zach Kong is the facilitator of a personal development site which focus on building a community to support, inspire and motivate other to succeed.
For more information click on: http://www.ZachKong.com
============================================================

Set Up Your Mind for Money
You are what you want to be. Just like you are what you eat, it also follows that you are what you think. If you set your mind to work for somebody as an employee, you will look for a job and you will be satisfied working as an employee. However, if you set your mind properly to attain financial freedom, you will find means of getting wealthy without the pressures and hassles of working for someone else.

It seems that the mindset of many people is almost always pre-occupied with working as an employee that they forget or unintentionally ignore to cross the line, to see how they can create real wealth.

Just like a coin, they never bothered to look and to find out how it feels to be on the other side of it.

Are you aware that the word “job” fits as an acronym for “just over broke?” And rightfully, the meaning does make sense. Having a job (as an employee) lets you earn just enough to cover your daily expenses.

If you lose your job, you’re broke. Having a job or working as an employee for somebody means your privileges are limited and confined. Although your income is guaranteed, it is also limited.

You see, employers pay just enough so that employees don’t quit. Consequently, employees work hard enough just so they don’t get fired. Subconsciously, if you are an employee, the creative side of your mind is not put to work in full capacity.

You may be making somebody rich but definitely, that somebody is not you. You surrender control of your finances to somebody and you are at his/her mercy. If his/her business go down, you go down with it.

If it goes up, it goes up alone. Most likely, you stay as you are. To surrender one’s finances to somebody is like having your future shaped in somebody else’s hand, not on your own.

I’m not saying that employers are bad. They provide jobs and it’s good. I’m just painting a picture of one of life’s realities which we hardly notice at times. If you go to business, you eventually end up as an employer yourself. I’m just opening the financial area of your mind.

Consider this: Palms facing up is receiving, kind of similar to begging. Palms facing down is giving. Employees receive.

Employers give. How do you want your palms’ position to be?

For More, visit: http://urlfreeze.com/ODProfits/Secretsofselfmademillionaires2/


No comments: